Baseball season is upon us, and if you are planning on catching any games this season, here are some tips on makeup that will help keep you you looking fresh under the warm sun.
BB Cream- Now you know that I am a huge fan of BB Cream, especially for those times that will mostly be spent outdoors and out in the sun. It has SPF and gives your skin a smooth natural look while still giving you all the coverage you need, and it doesn’t dry out your skin or get cakey. Remember, no matter what type of makeup you choose to put on your face, make sure you put on something with SPF to protect your face from any sun burns waiting to happen.
Eye Shadow – I love a good smokey eye, or any nicely colored lid, but certain occasions call for a more toned down natural look. That doesn’t mean you have to skip out on eye shadow, just go for a neutral palette, like nude and light brown.
Mascara – I don’t go anywhere without mascara, and even eyeliner at that, so having a great mascara and eyeliner that wont smear or smudge in the heat is key. My new favorite, Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara.
Lips – Just the way you put SPF on your skin and face, protecting your lips is no exception. Try lip moisturizers with color for a pretty and soft pout.
So I wanted to share with you guys a few products that I have purchased this past month, some I have not used before and some I have and bought them again because I really like the product.
1. Maybelline Baby Lips: I am always up to trying out new lip products especially the ones that are supposed to leave my lips feeling soft and hydrated. I picked up these Baby Lips lip balms, in “cherry me” and “pink punch”, for about $3 each and was ready to try them as soon as I got home. I was a little surprised at how much color shows up on your lips, all you need is one swipe for a nice hint of color. They do a great job at keeping my lips moisturized and have given my other lip balms a rest. I still can’t decide what color I like best!
2. E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit: I was originally going to buy the Benefits Cosmetics Brow Zing but when I saw the E.L.F kit at Target for just $1 I just had to try this one out first. Now, I am not completely loving this kit but for $1 I really shouldn’t complain. The one thing I don’t like about it is that the wax has started to clump and break away when i put the brush in, but other than that it does the job and it.
3. L’oreal Voluminous Mascara: My favorite mascara! I told myself I would not try any other mascaras because I just can’t find one as good as the voluminous mascara and even though I still keep trying different ones I always keep this one stocked. This time around I went with the curved brush and loved it even more.
4. L’oreal True Match Blendable Concealer: First time trying this and honestly didn’t think I would like it very much but I was pleasantly surprised. A little goes a long way.
5. Sephora Collection Classic Bronzing Blush: I absolutely love this blush for applying my bronzer.
6. Sephora Precision Sponge: I went into Sephora ready to buy the Beauty Blender, which has been getting rave reviews, but they did not have it in store so I went ahead and bought the Sephora brand sponge. I figured if I really liked it I would go ahead and spend the extra $10 and see what the difference is between the two. So far I like it much better than using a foundation brush since the brushes can leave brush stroke marks, and the sponge is obviously a better alternative to using your fingers.
7. Too Faced Better Than False Lashes Mascara: As I mentioned before, I just can’t stop myself from trying out different mascaras! I was not impressed with this mascara at all. The thing about this is that it is two separate applications, one of them being just small little white fibers that are supposed to stick to your lashes so that when you apply the actual mascara it makes your lashes fuller and longer. My first problem with this is that the fibers can easily get into your eye and if you wear contacts (and even if you don’t) you definitely don’t want those getting into your eye. Second of all, the actual mascara formula is not very good at all, it clumped up instead of giving me fuller looking lashes. Needless to say I returned this right away! If you want a really nice fullness and length I recommend first using L’oreal Voluminous Mascara followed by a coat of L’oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes, then one more coat of the Voluminous Mascara.
8. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream: I have raved about this product before, this stuff is great and part of my go-to daily makeup.
Sorry for the lack of post this week! Next week Style Maeve will be back with regular scheduled post, so for now I leave you some of the pretty pictures I have pinned over on Pinterest. Hope everyone is enjoying their week!
The U.K based airline Virgin Atlantic has teamed up with the cosmetic company Bare Minerals. You might be wondering what an airline and cosmetics company are doing collaborating together, but if you have ever traveled on Virgin Atlantic then you know that red hot lips are a signature look for the female cabin crew members.
The Bare Minerals lip stain, named “Upper Class Red”, contains hydrating elements that help with the effects of chapping caused by cabin pressure and will retail for $16. Upper Class Red will first be sold in the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow and JFK airports, as well as in flight before going nationwide at Bare Minerals. Those passengers traveling in their upper class cabins will also receive samples of the product.